Bryan Adams apologizes for carbon monoxide leak at Florence concert

Written by By Theresa Peters, CNN

Bryan Adams confirmed Wednesday that he tested positive for traces of carbon monoxide at a gig in Italy, and he apologized for fans’ disappointment.

The Canadian singer was in Florence for a private concert on June 6 before performing his show at the colorful Palazzo Vecchio on June 8. The upcoming concert was sold out.

The singer also confirmed that he would play the concert again.

“I accept that some of you will not see this as an accident or will believe that I’m ‘ashamed of myself’,” the singer said in a statement on social media, where he has amassed more than 40 million followers.

“I’ve never even heard of carbon monoxide,” he added. “I’m sorry this has happened.”

Speaking to TMZ on Wednesday night, Adams said that he had no idea that his hotel rooms were equipped with carbon monoxide detectors.

“It’s one of the reasons why I’m bringing it up now… I wish I had,” he told the gossip site.

“I’m a musician. I just didn’t know the word.”

Adams concluded that, “it’s a warning for others to be aware and take better care.”

The show in Florence was the singer’s second gig at the city’s Grand Theatre after he performed for about 65,000 people on Sunday night.

According to airport video, Adams apparently took a private jet from Milan to Florence on Monday.

Adams confirmed the show to CNN in February.

Leave a Comment